Advanced Seminar / Masterseminar WS 2020/21
The final presentations will be on Tuesday 2nd March in virtual room D19/2.03a.
The deadline for the term papers is on Sunday 28th February (end of the day).
The seminar will have only few fixed class meetings. Besides these meetings, additional appointments shall be arranged individually and on demand. The schedule of this seminar can be found in the online booking system (OBS).
Each group’s term paper has to be prepared using IEEE template (Word or LaTeX) with a length of 6 – 8 pages, not counting references and clearly marked appendices. The final presentation will be 45 minutes per group + 15 minutes discussion of the results. A grade will be given based on the term paper and final presentation as defined in the module description.
Student groups (2-3 persons) may select their own topic or choose a topic from the list below. Detailed topic descriptions and starting resources can be found in a separate document.
- Face recognition for Doppelgängers
- Face spoofing with masks
- Face spoofing in eLearning platforms
- Attacking privacy-preserving face recognition
- Bias in face morphing attacks
- Make-up attacks on facial recognition systems
- Touchless Fingerprint Enhancement in the Gabor Spectrum
- Mobile Touchless Fingerprint Presentation Attack Detection
- Unknown Presentation Attack Detection for Touchless Fingerprints
- Deformation Correction for Touchless Fingerprints
The seminar will to be held in English language and is planned to take place virtually.