A special session on the topic of „Bias in Biometrics“ is going to be held at the 28th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO2020). This conference is a flagship conference of the European Association for Signal Processing (EURASIP) and will take place between August 24th and 28th in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The special session is jointly organised in the context of National Research Center for Applied Cybersecurity ATHENE mission Next Generation Biometric Systems (NGBS) by researchers from Hochschule Darmstadt (Pawel Drozdowski), Inria Sophia Antipolis (Dr. Antitza Dantcheva), and Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research IGD (Dr. Naser Damer).
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Transparency, explainability, accountability, and fairness in biometrics.
- Estimation of inherent biases in biometric algorithms, including recognition, classification, and quality assessment w.r.t. factors such as sex, age, ethnicity, and image acquisition conditions.
- Bias-aware, bias-mitigating, and bias-free biometric algorithms.
- Balanced training and testing datasets.
- Differential performance in biometric systems.
The deadline for submissions is on the 21st of February 2020. Submission information is available at the conference website. The special session announcement is available here. The papers should be submitted here.