Xuebing Zhou, Dr.-Ing.
Position: Post-Doc (former member)
Xuebing Zhou joined CASED-Center for Advanced Security Research Darmstadt and Hochschule Darmstadt in 2011. From 2005 to 2011 she worked as a research assistant at Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research IGD. She has been working on many European and national projects such as 3D Face, HIDE, BioFinger II, BioKeyS-Pilot-DB-Teil2, AXMEDIS and eCrypt.
In 2011 she received her PhD at Technische Universität Darmstadt. With her thesis “Privacy and Security Assessment of Biometric Template Protection”, she got the CAST/GI dissertation award in IT-Sicherheit 2011. In 2010 she won the European Biometrics Forum (EBF) Research Award 2010. Since 2008 she is a member of the steering committee of the special group BIOSIG (Working group on Biometrics and electronic signatures) within the Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI). Her research interests include biometrics, privacy protection, security analysis and copyright protection.
- Face Recognition
- Iris Recognition
- Fingerprint Recognition
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies
- Privacy and Security Assessment
- Zhou, Xuebing; Kuijper, Arjan; Busch, Christoph: Cracking Iris Fuzzy Commitment In: IEEE the International Conference on Biometrics (ICB 12), 2012
- Zhou, Xuebing; Kuijper, Arjan; Veldhuis, Raymond; Busch, Christoph: Quantifying Privacy and Security of Biometric Fuzzy Commitment In: IEEE the International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB 11), 2011
- “Schutz der Privatsphäre in biometrischen Systemen”, Verband für Sicherheitstechnik VfS-Kongress 2012, Leipzig, Germany, May 09. 2012
- “A Practical View of Privacy Preserving Biometric Authentication”, invited talk at GI-Sicherheit 2012, Darmstadt, March 09. 2012
- “A Generalized Framework for Privacy/Security Assessment of Biometric Template Protection”, International Biometric Performance Testing Conference 2012 (IBPC 2012), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Gaithersburg, March.09.2012