Mathias Ibsen, M.Sc.
Position: Ph.D. Student Member
Office: D19 room 2.02
Telephone: +49 6151 16 30088
Mathias Ibsen received his M.Sc. in Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Algorithms from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) in 2020. Subsequently, he became a PhD student member of the da/sec group at Faculty of Computer Science, Hochschule Darmstadt, Germany. He works on the EU-funded TReSPAsS-ETN project with the detection of manipulated face images.
- Face recognition
- Image forensics
- Detection of manipulated face images
- Facial inpainting
- Explainable artificial intelligence
Current offerings and collaboration
- Explainable Differential Manipulation Detection, Bachelor- / Master thesis, Mathias Ibsen, Christian Rathgeb
- Attacking Face Recognition Systems using Facial Masks, Bachelor- / Master thesis, Mathias Ibsen, Christian Rathgeb
- Attacking Face Recognition with Textiles, Bachelor- / Master thesis, Christian Rathgeb, Mathias Ibsen
- Human Detection of Manipulated Face Images, Bachelor- / Master thesis, Christian Rathgeb, Mathias Ibsen
Currently available bachelor/master thesis projects are listed above and on this page. If you have your own idea that relates to the above research interests or are interested in a collaboration, feel free to contact me by e-mail.
- M. Ibsen, C. Rathgeb, T. Fink, P. Drozdowski, C. Busch, “Impact of facial tattoos and paintings on face recognition systems”, in IET Biometrics, 2021.
- M. Ibsen, L. J. Gonzalez-Soler, C. Rathgeb, P. Drozdowski, M. Gomez-Barrero, C. Busch, “Differential Anomaly Detection for Facial Images”, in Proc. Intl. Workshop on Information Forensics and Security (WIFS), 2021.
- Master of Science in Engineering, “Impact of Facial Tattoos on Face Recognition Systems”, Technical University of Denmark, July 2020. (upon request)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, “Giraf – Web API, Database, and Administration Panel”, Aalborg University (AAU), June 2018. [Link]