Mathias Ibsen, M.Sc.
Position: Ph.D. Student Member
Office: D19 room 2.02
Mathias Ibsen received his M.Sc. in Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Algorithms from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) in 2020. Subsequently, he became a PhD student member of the da/sec group at Faculty of Computer Science, Hochschule Darmstadt, Germany. He works on the EU-funded TReSPAsS-ETN project with the detection of manipulated face images.
- Face recognition
- Image forensics
- Presentation attack detection
- Detection of manipulated face images
- Facial inpainting
- Explainable artificial intelligence
Current offerings and collaboration
Currently available bachelor/master thesis projects are listed on this page. If you have your own idea that relates to the above research interests or are interested in a collaboration, feel free to contact me by e-mail.
Feel free to contact me per e-mail if you have any inquiries.
- M. Ibsen, C. Rathgeb, D. Fischer, P. Drozdowski, C. Busch, “Digital Face Manipulation in Biometric Systems”, in Handbook of Digital Face Manipulation and Detection: From DeepFakes to Morphing Attacks, February 2022.
- M. Ibsen, C. Rathgeb, F. Brechtel, R. Klepp, K. Pöppelmann, A. George, S. Marcel, C. Busch, “Attacking Face Recognition with T-shirts: Database, Vulnerability Assessment and Detection”, (preprint, arXiv), 2022.
- C. Botezatu, M. Ibsen, C. Rathgeb, C. Busch “Fun Selfie Filters in Face Recognition: Impact Assessment and Removal” in TBIOM 2022.
- M. Ibsen, C. Rathgeb, P. Drozdowski, C. Busch “Face Beneath the Ink: Synthetic Data and Tattoo Removal with Application to Face Recognition,” (preprint, arXiv), 2022.
- M. Ibsen, C. Rathgeb, T. Fink, P. Drozdowski, C. Busch, “Impact of facial tattoos and paintings on face recognition systems”, in IET Biometrics, 2021.
- C. Rathgeb, R. Nichols, M. Ibsen, P. Drozdowski, C. Busch “Crowd-powered Face Manipulation Detection: Fusing Human Examiner Decisions” in International Conference on Image Processing (IEEE ICIP), 2022.
- A. Dörsch, C. Rathgeb, M. Ibsen, C. Busch “Are average Faces Master Faces?” in Proc. Intl. Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF), 2022.
- M. Ibsen, L. J. Gonzalez-Soler, C. Rathgeb, P. Drozdowski, M. Gomez-Barrero, C. Busch, “Differential Anomaly Detection for Facial Images”, in Proc. IEEE Intl. Workshop on Information Forensics and Security (WIFS), 2021.
- L. Dargaud, M. Ibsen, J. Tapia, C. Busch, “A Principal Component Analysis-Based Approach for Single Morphing Attack Detection”, in Proc. IEEE/CVF Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision Workshops (WACVW) , 2023.
- Master of Science in Engineering, “Impact of Facial Tattoos on Face Recognition Systems”, Technical University of Denmark, July 2020.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, “Giraf – Web API, Database, and Administration Panel”, Aalborg University (AAU), June 2018.