Position: PhD Student
Office: D19 room 2.01
Email: marceg -at- ntnu.no
Marcel Grimmer received his B.Sc. degree of “Applied Mathematics” in 2017 from Hochschule Darmstadt. He further received his “Data Science” M.Sc. degree in 2020. Since 2021 he is a Ph.D. student member of the Norwegian Biometrics Laboratory (NBL) at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in close collaboration with the Biometrics and Internet-Security Research Group (da/sec). His current research focuses on the generation of synthetic face images with deep generative networks.
- Synthetic generation of facial images
- Deep generative networks
For a list of further currently offered bachelor- and master theses, please have a look at this page. If you may have a specific topic related to my research interests in mind that is not listed on the aforementioned page, please get in touch with me by email.
List of Publications
- Marcel Grimmer, Raghavendra Ramachandra, Christoph Busch, “Deep Face Age Progression: A Survey”, IEEE Access, 2021.
- Jascha Kolberg, Marcel Grimmer, Marta-Gomez Barrero, Christoph Busch, “Anomaly Detection with Convolutional Autoencoders for Fingerprint Presentation Attack Detection”, 2020.
Conferences and Workshops:
- Marcel Grimmer, Haoyu Zhang, Raghavendra Ramachandra, Kiran Raja, Christoph Busch, “Generation of Non-Deterministic Synthetic Face Datasets Guided by Identity Priors”, in the 14th Norwegian Information Security Conference (NISK), 2021.
- Haoyu Zhang, Marcel Grimmer, Raghavendra Ramachandra, Kiran Raja, Christoph Busch, “On the Applicability of Synthetic Data for Face Recognition”, in the 9th IEEE International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF), 2021.