Daile Osorio-Roig, M. Sc.
Position: Ph.D. Student Member
Office: D19 room 2.08
Email: daile.osorio-roig -at- h-da.de
Dailé Osorio-Roig received her MsC. Degree in Informatics Engineering from the Technological University of Havana, José Antonio Echeverría, Havana (CUJAE), Cuba, in 2014. Afterwards, she joined Advanced Technologies Application Center (CENATAV) from Havana, Cuba for computer science graduate training. Since 2020, she is a Ph.D. Student Member of da/sec group at the National Research Center for Applied Cybersecurity (ATHENE), Germany. Her principal research interests are focused in areas of Biometric and Machine Learning. Specifically, biometric indexing in conjunction with privacy-enhancing technologies for efficient biometric identification.
- Biometric and multi-biometric systems
- Efficient biometric identification algorithms and indexing schemes
- Privacy-enhancing technologies
- Ocular segmentation
Current Offerings and Collaboration
Currently, available bachelor/master thesis projects are listed on this page. If you have your own idea that relates to the above research interests or are interested in a collaboration, don’t hesitate to contact me by e-mail.
D. Osorio-Roig, C. Rathgeb, P., C. Busch, “Stable Hash Generation for Efficient Privacy-Preserving Face Identification”, in TBIOM, 2021. [PDF]
- M. Vitek, A. Das, Y. Pourcenoux, A. Missler, C. Paumier, S. Das, I. De Ghosh, D. R. Lucio, L. A. Zanlorensi Jr., D. Menotti, F. Boutros, N. Damer, J. H. Grebe, A. Kuijper, J. Hu, Y. He, C. Wang, H. Liu, Y. Wang, Z. Sun, D. Osorio-Roig, C. Rathgeb, C. Busch, J. Tapia, A. Valenzuela, G. Zampoukis, L. Tsochatzidis, I. Pratikakis, S. Nathan, R. Suganya, V. Mehta, A. Dhall, K. Raja, G. Gupta, J. N. Khiarak, M. Akbari-Shahper, F. Jaryani, M. Asgari-Chenaghlu, R. Vyas, S. Dakshit, S. Dakshit, P. Peer, U. Pal, V. Struc “SSBC 2020: Sclera Segmentation Benchmarking Competition in the Mobile Environment”, in Proc. Intl. Joint. Conf on Biometrics (IJCB), 2020.
- D. Osorio-Roig, C. Rathgeb, M. Gomez-Barrero, A. Morales-González, E. Garea-Llano, C. Busch “Visible Wavelength Iris Segmentation: A Multi-Class Approach using Fully Convolutional Neuronal Networks”, in Proc. Intl. Conf. of the Biometrics Special Interest Group (BIOSIG 2018), Darmstadt, Germany, September 2018.
- D. Osorio-Roig, P. Drozdowski, C. Rathgeb, A. Morales-González, E. Garea Llano, C. Busch, Iris Recognition in Visible Wavelength: Impact and automated Detection of Glasses, in Proc. Intl. Workshop on Ubiquitous implicit Biometrics and health signals monitoring for personcentric applications (UBIO´18) 2018.
A list of earlier publications can be found here.