Biometric Systems SS 2020
This lecture covers the following topics:
- Biometric performance
- Fingerprint recognition
- Face recognition
- Iris recognition
- Multimodal biometrics
- Biometric sample quality
- ePassport and biometrics
- Privacy enhancing technologies
- Security of biometric systems
For further information, the syllabus document, and the slides visit:
The grade for this lecture consist of a seminar term paper (70%) and a written examination (30%). The term paper is compulsory!
For a complete list with seminar topics, please refer to the syllabus document.
The research conducted in this course is by default an individual project.
The first come, first serve rule applies.
- April 20th, lecture start
- April 20th, seminar introduction
- May 04th, latest topic selection
- June 05th, term paper draft submission
- June 11th, review submission
- June 15th, term paper final submission
- June 21st, submission presentation slides
- June 22nd and June 23rd, seminar presentations
Seminar Presentation Schedule
- 16:00 – Fingerprint Image Enhancement
- 16:30 – On the Practical Implementation of Contactless Fingerprint Image Enhancement using the Fourier Spectrum
- 17:00 – Persistence of Fingerprints in Access Control
- 17:45 – Software-based Fingerprint Presentation Attack Detection
- 18:15 – Anomaly Detection for Unknown Presentation Attack Detection
- 12:30 – Discussion of the German Anti-Morphing Law
- 13:00 – Face Eye Segmentation and Morphing Detection
- 13:30 – Biometrics and Blockchain