Biometric Systems SS 2017
This lecture covers the following topics:
- Biometric performance
- Fingerprint recognition
- Face recognition
- Iris recognition
- Voice/Speaker recognition
- Multimodal biometrics
- Biometric sample quality
- ePassport and biometrics
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies
- Security of biometric systems
For further information, the syllabus document and the slides visit:
The grade for this lecture consist of a seminar term paper (33%) and a written examination (66%). The term paper is compulsory! For a complete list with seminar topics, please refer to the syllabus document.
Implementation topics can be taken by teams of at most two students. If a topic is taken by more than two students, the first come, first serve rule applies. Please note that all state of the art surveys are individual work, and should only be taken by one student at a time.
- April 03rd Lecture Starts at 8.30h
- April 03rd brief introduction to the seminar at 17.45h.
- June 19th and June 26th: Presentation of term papers in class.